I hope to make a more concerted effort to stay on top of the various Kickstarter projects around town. I can’t specifically call out every project that’s created, but I’ll try to mention the ones that have some kind of specific local relevance (or that I think are especially cool).
First up, actively funding projects:
- KoKyu BBQ is hoping to open a retail location. They’ve got a long way to go and only one week remains; edible rewards start at $20
- Funding goal: $46,000
- Current progress: $11,118
- Funding ends: Nov 1
- Duke Rhythm and Blue, a Duke a cappella group, is making an album. They’ve met their target already, but it’s not too late to contribute before the window closes tomorrow: $25 gets you a copy of the new album.
- Funding goal: $5,000
- Current progress: $5,202
- Funding ends: Oct 25
Updates on funded projects:
- The Bull City Sculpture Show met its funding target this week. The show will feature 12 sculptures, which will be installed for six months starting in May. One of the sculptures will be purchased and placed on permanent display.
- The Art of Cool was funded this summer; it will bring a jazz and blues festival to town next year. They plan to announce the line-up on November 15.
- Rose’s Meat Market and Sweet Shop was funded this spring, and opened this summer. We swing by quite a bit and they seem to be doing a good bit of business.
- Organic Transit seems to be doing pretty well with its electric assist tricycles after selling an initial round via kickstarter.