Here’s some stuff:
- Trash pickup fees are a go. The final number is $1.80 a month, so be sure to budget appropriately.
- Here is more stuff about the situation with 751 South. Spoiler: sad developers are sad.
- The council punted on Orange County’s proposal for industrial zoning near the I-85 / US 70 intersection near the Durham County border. The council has already agreed to provide services to the area (and eventually annex it), but is reluctant to embrace Orange’s industrial use plan without more information. No representative from the Orange County government was present at the meeting to answer the council’s questions.
- Durham County’s state historic sites have a big day planned on Saturday, with events scheduled at Duke Homestead, Historic Stagville, and Bennett Place. Too bad the weather’s not looking so great.
- The Council is giving $400k worth of handouts to GE Aviation, which is expanding an assembly plant near RTP.
- BCBS is selling off its iconic Chapel Hill HQ and intends to consolidate its operations in Durham. BCBS purchased two additional buildings on its Durham campus to house the additional employees.
- The Durham County Board of Commissioners is balking at the request for $755,000 worth of handouts to would-be developers of a hotel on the McPherson hospital property near Trinity Park. The city’s already on the hook for a cool $1.2M